Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 14:51:38 +0200

3 aug 2012 kl. 22:28 skrev Adrian Robert:

> I think Jan is closer to the event-handling code than I have been lately, so
> I'd rely on his judgment as to whether what I'm saying is accurate or
> realistic, and how it could be carried out.

I agree with the points below.  The main issue with the NS event loop is that
it doesn't redraw on resize.  But besides that, I think it can be improved to
the point of being good enough for both OSX and GNUStep.

The NS font backend works, its main problem is that it uses some old deprecated
methods.  Bringing in the Mac port font end is a more modular operation, and
does not have much impact.

        Jan D.