Re: edebug specs for cl-loop

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: edebug specs for cl-loop
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 17:57:27 -0400

> the edebug specs for cl-loop that are commented in cl-macs.el
> are helpfuls, even if they do not work everywhere.
> (They work actually in many loops, not all though)
> Maybe they can be enabled?

I don't have any experience with them, and only little experience with
`loop' in general, so it is hard for me to judge.

If you could describe the cases where the current spec doesn't work, and
the cases where the complex spec works better as well as where it fails
(and whether the current spec also fails for those), that would be
very helpful.

> They would be better than nothing even if they are not fully working.

AFAIK the default is to use (&rest &or symbolp form) as debug spec,
which should already be a good bit better than nothing.

        Stefan