Re: Default for the envelope From in smtpmail.el

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Default for the envelope From in smtpmail.el
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 22:15:22 -0400

Glenn Morris wrote:

> I'm talking about plain old talking to an SMTP server.

Maybe I'm only talking about smtpmail.el, I haven't really looked at
sendmail.el. The _only_ thing smtpmail.el uses "envelope-from" for is to
send the MAIL FROM command to the server. It seems totally obvious to me
that the only sane default for this is whatever is in the From: header.
(Of course the option to set it to whatever you like should remain.)