Re: More test reports please

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: More test reports please
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 08:43:46 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> I got a report of a possible regression.  It's on an unusual setup
> (Ubuntu running on VMware), and I can't reproduce the problem on my
> (non-VM) machine.  It doesn't seem like a show-stopper, but if anyone
> has a similar setup, please try to reproduce it and report back.
> Thanks.

Confirmed. This is Kubuntu 12.04 64 bits (a real machine, no VMWare):

Welcome to the Emacs shell

~/em-24.2/bin $ cd
usage: cd: (DIR)
~/em-24.2/bin $ exit
exit: command not found
~/em-24.2/bin $ ls
ctags    emacs       emacsclient  grep-changelog
ebrowse  emacs-24.2  etags        rcs-checkin
~/em-24.2/bin $ which ls
~/em-24.2/bin $ /bin/ls

(note the weird output of `which ls', pointing to /bin/ls instead of the
built-in Lisp implementation and precedeing the text by the eshell
prompt.)

Steps to reproduce:

tar xzf emacs-24.2-rc1.tar.gz
cd emacs-24.2
./configure --prefix=/home/oscar/em-24.2
make -j4
make install
cd ~/em-24.2/bin
emacs -Q