Re: crash on MacOSX

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: crash on MacOSX
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:37:12 +0000 (UTC)

Alp Aker <alptekin.aker <at> gmail.com> writes:

>; e.g., the #ifdef NS_IMPL_COCOA portion of
> ns_ascii_average_width is, I'm fairly sure, incorrect, but I haven't
> sorted out yet what the correct thing for it to do is).

I would just remove that portion, or make it a loop that checks
the advancement for each character individually.  Still, you
would need to be sure that all 95 glyphs are found named as their
ascii characters for that to work.  This is why the ns_char_width
impl used advancementForGlyph only as a potential shortcut and
not the sole approach.

-Adrian