Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r109724: Merge from gnulib.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r109724: Merge from gnulib.
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:28:44 +0300

> +2012-08-21  Paul Eggert  <address@hidden>
> +
> +     Merge from gnulib, incorporating:
> +     2012-08-20 extern-inline: support old GCC 'inline'

I wonder if we could agree to wait for a month or so before merging
fresh gnulib changes, unless they fix some very grave bug.  AFAIU,
this issue is still being discussed on the gnulib list, and it's not
inconceivable that more objections will be raised to your original
commit.  This particular commit was pushed to gnulib repo just a few
hours ago.

I don't think it's right to make Emacs an alpha-testing ground for
gnulib in this way.  If nothing else, it makes harder for other people
to develop non-trivial changes, because it proliferates conflicts, and
for no good reason.