Re: Interpretation of a space in regexp isearch?

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Interpretation of a space in regexp isearch?
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 19:31:41 +0200

> While testing your change, I've noticed a couple of things that I'd
> like to understand:
>
> 1. Info mode has its own variable `Info-search-whitespace-regexp'.
> Why is it necessary?  I guess there's a reason (which I don't know by
> now) so it seems that your change should also affect to this variable.
>
> 2. Why don't you include \n and \r by default in the regexp?  IMO
> that'd be TRT for most users.

3.  Why should this feature be limited to _incremental_ searches?  I
don't think it should.  The documentation states this limitation (see
[1][2][3]) but according to the tests I've done, non-incremental
searches also take `search-whitespace-regexp' into account.

[1] Docstring of command `isearch-forward'.
[2] Docstring of variable `search-whitespace-regexp'.
[3] Info node "(emacs) Regexp Search".

--
Dani Moncayo