Re: Change to bool only partially done?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Change to bool only partially done?
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 12:45:25 +0200

Hello.

2012-09-02 00:16, Paul Eggert skrev:
On 09/01/2012 01:02 PM, Jan Djärv wrote:
configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
make

Works for me, on my Ubuntu 12.04 host, with
trunk bzr 109844 from a "make dist"; see attached log.

Do you have a stray stdbool.h in your include
path?  That might explain things.

No. i have not.  I only have
 /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/include/stdbool.h
but that file does not define the type _Bool as it is a builtin, so it would not explain anything.

The problem seems to be that the makefile rule to regenerate globals.h does not trigger. Hence an old globals.h was used. And as .bzrignore includes gazillions of files, it is hard to see that this file is not maintained by bzr.

If not, please try running from a fresh bzr clone,
as the symptoms are those of source files from
different bzr versions.  If you still see
the problem we can compare logs.

What do you mean by different bzr versions? Are you saying that a file pulled by bzr 2.5 is different from a file pulled by bzr 2.6? That is absurd.

If you mean that the clone contains files from different Emacs branches, that would indicate a bug in bzr itself, or that bzr status is broken.

        Jan D.