Re: Suggestion: Put C-h N (news) in org-mode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Put C-h N (news) in org-mode
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 09:52:09 +0200

Hi Stefan,

as Jambunathan says, the main advantage would be to "cycle"
through various displays more easily.

To test this:

C-h N
M-x orgstruct-mode RET

then TAB several times on a headline.  If you want to test
"global cycling", simply M-x org-mode RET and try S-TAB.

Another not-so-small advantage is to let developers use the
files (especially TODO/PROBLEMS) as Org TODO lists -- or to
import tasks from these files into their Org TODO list.
C-c @ on a headline will copy it, then C-y anywhere in an
Org file will yank it.

The change boils down to better formatting NEWS/TODO/PROBLEMS
by having one-line headlines, which is already an improvement
over the current NEWS/TODO/PROBLEMS IMHO.

I will send a patch when I find time today.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien