Re: using gnus on windows

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: using gnus on windows
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 18:53:46 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 2) If I use the cygwin version of gnutls, I can receive my mail with
>> imap but I can't send my mails anymore.
>>
>> smtp-mail-send-it: Sending failed: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS
>> command first. r9sm26224807wia.2
>
> I don't think using gnutls-cli under Windows is supported at all?  The
> recommended thing is to use an Emacs with libgnutls support compiled in,
> and with the libgnutls libraries installed.
This is not documented, we even don't know if the windows binaries are
compiled with this feature, so it is hard to use Gnus on windows without
spending hours of googling and reading code to figure out what to do.
Fortunately I could get rid of windows on my new laptop and I have not
to deal anymore with this.
Thanks.

--
  Thierry