Re: Release tags

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Release tags
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 21:22:26 +0800

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

> Jason, try executing `bzr qlog' from your trunk branch checkout and
> click on the small circles that contains a + symbol (those are merge
> revisions.) You will see that a merge revision joins a series of
> revisions from the original branch (trunk, in this case) with a series
> of revisions coming from another branch. All revisions are there.

bzr: ERROR: unknown command "qlog"

I think what you are trying to explain is that bzr's history is
full of confusing non-linear parallel universes.  24.2 never existed on
the trunk as far as history of this universe goes - it was made on a
branch.  But DVCS adherents want the possibility of an alternate
universe where 24.2 is on the history of the trunk. The benefit of this
non-linearity is not at all clear to me.