RE: M-= in Dired

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: M-= in Dired
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 09:51:27 -0700

> > It makes sense to use `M-=' for a repeatable action or
> > perhaps as a prefix key for grouping things that are
> > mnemonic with an equals sign.  I use `C-=', for
> > example, as a prefix key for various comparisons:
>
> Isn't C-= impossible to type into text terminals?

Irrelevant.  I did not propose anything about `C-='.

I mentioned that I, personally, use `C-=' as a prefix key, taking advantage of
the mnemonic value of `='.

The point was that `M-=' could be used as a prefix key (or bound to a repeatable
command).  And that makes more sense than wasting `M-=' on `count-words-region'.

This thread is about `M-='.
And `M-=' is usable in a text terminal.