Re: threads and kill-buffer

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: threads and kill-buffer
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:31:27 -0400

>>> So killing a buffer will change the current buffer when it's displayed
>>> in a window and leave it unchanged otherwise.  Would we really like such
>>> behavior?
>> No, killing a buffer will undisplay it from wherever it is displayed
>> (as is the case now).  But this has no influence of what
>> `current-buffer' is.
> Undisplaying changes the current buffer, provided it's displayed in the
> selected window, with the next command.

It's not undisplaying that changes the current buffer.  It's the
top-level repl that changes the current-buffer to the buffer displayed
in the selected-window at the beginning of a command.
But this top-level interaction should be completely unaffected by the
issue we're discussing where one thread kill a buffer which another
thread is actively using (i.e. it's not in the repl waiting for the
user).

        Stefan