Re: Windows: Emacs 24.1 binary size vs 24.2 binary size

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: Windows: Emacs 24.1 binary size vs 24.2 binary size
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 07:33:49 -0600

On 9/1/2012 8:50 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I don't have a stripped binary to compare with your numbers.  I do see
a similar decrease in the size of the un-stripped emacs.exe, but I
cannot find any explanation for that.  The size of temacs.exe is
almost identical between the 2 versions, which seems to point to Lisp,
or to data structures built by Emacs during loadup/dump process.
However, loadup.el saw no changes between the 2 versions, and
loaddefs.el is identical modulo time stamps of the files it records.
And I cannot spot anything pertinent, neither in src/ChangeLog nor in
lisp/ChangeLog.

Thanks. I will try Oscar's suggestion and bisect just to be sure.

Christoph