help-mode:hits infinite loop?

From: T.V. Raman
Subject: help-mode:hits infinite loop?
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 08:12:00 -0700

invoking help-mode  appears to hit some kind of loop and hangs --
happens in all major modes.

I have to hit ctrl-g multiple times before emacs starts
responding, and at that point the mode description is displayed.
Unclear where it is hanging; I turned on debug-on-quit and was
surprized when I did not get a backtrace after hitting ctrl-g ---
note that Ihad to hit ctrl-g multiple times before it broke out.

None of the other help commands appear to display this problem.

--
Best Regards,
--raman