Re: Emacs seems awfully unstable on OS X lately

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Emacs seems awfully unstable on OS X lately
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:59:59 +0200 (CEST)

[Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> (2012-09-14 15:40:36 UTC)]

> Bisecting across N revisions requires approximately ln N steps, so don't
> be afraid of long lists of revisions :-)

I'm aware of the math (log with base 2 seems a better match than ln).
The problem is more the constant in front of the logarithm; i.e.,
since I am not too sure how much testing is required to accept a
certain revision as good, doing it about log 500 times still seems
like it could take a while.

- Harald