Re: Emacs seems awfully unstable on OS X lately

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Emacs seems awfully unstable on OS X lately
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 22:46:22 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > Why is the second command necessary?  Are you assuming that the bug
 > was introduced after 109470?

No.  I'm simply allowing for the possibility that it was.

 > My line of thought was: it's quite easy to establish whether the bug
 > is present in 109471, with 109470 reverse cherry-picked.  If it is
 > present, bisect the trunk where 109470 is removed;

How do you propose doing that?  It's not possible to remove a revision
from a branch.  You either do a rebase (what I proposed), or you have
to reapply the reverse cherrypick on each revision tested in the
bisection (as Óscar proposed) because the reverse cherrypick is always
the *tip*, it cannot be applied "in place".