Re: texinfo question about `...' and links - possible enhancement?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: texinfo question about `...' and links - possible enhancement?
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:52:22 -0400

> I tried a couple of alternative approaches:
> 1. Doing it automatically whenever you visit a node (based on a Boolean user
> option).
> 2. Doing it only on demand (a key) for the current node.

3. Do it with a font-lock rule (so jit-lock only does it for the
   viewable part of the node).

> It is helpful to have the links (including distinguishing which ones have
> already been visited), IMO.

Maybe you can speed it up by doing as little work at font-lock time
(e.g. not try to distinguish seen-vs-notseen, maybe not even try to
figure out the target of the link) and delay it to the time the link is
actually used.

        Stefan