What emacs<->ruby bridge lib to use?

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: What emacs<->ruby bridge lib to use?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:46:51 -0500

Hi list,

Being a Ruby programmer, and knowing that elisp is not very suitable for a lot of stuff that Ruby can do better (such as web development), the Ruby<->elisp bridges provide for a very powerful way to take advantage of both languages/platforms for interesting applications.

I've been playing with relisp, and it looks good. There wasn't any github mirror, so I created one here: https://github.com/fullofcaffeine/relisp. I've been playing with it and it seems to work very well (I've called a Ruby script from emacs that returns a hash and converts this Ruby hash to elisp, and also called elisp directly from a Rails app, and parsed the text output).

Recently, I found out about about el4r (http://www.rubyist.net/~rubikitch/computer/el4r/index.en.html), but this one seems pretty outdated.

I've also found this one https://rubyforge.org/projects/rel/

Relisp seems to work well though, but knowing about the others would be nice. I don't have much time to try all of them out, so if anyone out there knows something about el4r and rel and could share, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

- Marcelo.