Re: Feature freeze on October 1

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Feature freeze on October 1
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:12:41 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Should we also remove MAYBE_UNIFY_CHAR and maybe_unify_char as well?

No, they are still used in decode_char.

> And what about CHAR_STRING_ADVANCE_NO_UNIFY and
> STRING_CHAR_ADVANCE_NO_UNIFY?  Should we remove them and use,
> respectively, CHAR_STRING_ADVANCE and STRING_CHAR_ADVANCE instead?
> Or do we want to leave all these in place for now, to keep
> the option of going back to using the unification in some
> cases?

Ummm, how about doing this in coding.c and don't change the
callers.

#define CHAR_STRING_ADVANCE_NO_UNIFY CHAR_STRING_ADVANCE
#define STRING_CHAR_ADVANCE_NO_UNIFY STRING_CHAR_ADVANCE

Then we won't forget that callers expect non-unify versions.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden