Re: Elisp native profiler

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Elisp native profiler
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:00:59 -0400

> If you want the profiler to actually work in the w32 build, additional
> code needs to be written, to replace setitimer and the SIGPROF signal,
> which aren't supported on Windows.

Actually, even without the timer you can still use the memory profiler
where the samples are taken when malloc is called (more or less).
It would be nice to add support for the cpu-profiler, but for now I'm
focusing on getting the branch in a good enough state to be merged into
trunk, so "fully working on Windows" is not nearly as important as
"doesn't break the Window build".

        Stefan