Re: RefTeX Merge

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: RefTeX Merge
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:11:09 +0200

* Tassilo Horn (2012-09-25) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> (Normally, one would use bzr join to preserve the history, but bzr
>>> join seems to be badly broken.)
>>
>> Now that would be a nice solution.  RefTeX is currently maintained in
>> a CVS repository, though.  I'm not sure if this makes matters better
>> or worse.
>
> I can import the reftex CVS repository into a bzr or git repository if
> it helps to get the job done.  I've already written the needed scripts
> and configurations for cvs2{bzr,git} for converting AUCTeX, and they'll
> probably work well with reftex, too.

I tried to get some information about `brz join' but there does not seem
to be much available.  And given the problems with the command discussed
on emacs-devel it looks a bit dangerous.

Also, I'm not yet sure if it would be the right tool for the job because
we want to do a merge of files existing in both repositories and the
description of `bzr join' talks about combining a tree with a subtree.

What would be the steps involved?  Commit the merged files in both
repositories, convert the RefTeX CVS repo to bzr and then join the lisp
directory of the RefTeX bzr repo into the Emacs repo?  Or would the
merge be part of the join?

--
Ralf