Re: font-lock-syntactic-keywords: evaluating arbitrary elisp inside matc

From: immerrr again
Subject: Re: font-lock-syntactic-keywords: evaluating arbitrary elisp inside matchers?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:19:56 +0400

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> The snippet is great. I, for one, have somehow missed the "<"/">" syntax
> descriptors. But I have a concern: what if closing long bracket,
> i.e. "]==]",
> is after `end', doesn't it need an extra matcher rule for that?

Well, you'll want to make sure you don't go past `end' and if the ]==]
is not found before `end' you just don't put any "closing syntax
property".  That's not a problem, because that ]==] will be found in
some later invocation of the syntax-propertize function where `end' will
be after the ]==].

Hold on, do I understand procedure correctly in the following situation: suppose, we're propertizing an arbitrary buffer region, big enough not to be matched in single attempt; suppose, first match region - from `begin1' to `end1' - contains exactly one opening long bracket and its long bracket of the same level is located beyond `end1' point, and there's no other opening long bracket in between. Am I right that the next match invocation will operate on region starting from `end1 + 1'? If yes, then unless there's a rule that can match closing long brackets, the closing long bracket won't be found and thus won't be propertized, or will it?

--
Cheers,
immerrr