Re: Merge conflict cookie in dired.el (current HEAD in bzr)

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Merge conflict cookie in dired.el (current HEAD in bzr)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:30:36 +0300

> In general, it is advisable to run "bzr st" from time to time,
> preferably after the build that you do after "bzr up", to see if any
> versioned files changed due to autoloads.  If some of them did, either
> commit those files (preferred), or "bzr revert" and rebuild, then wait
> for someone else to commit the modified autoloads.

There is a related problem.  When "bzr merge" says there are conflicts,
I rush to edit reported files to fix conflicts, but this puts the repository
into a broken state, because when I start editing, the "bzr merge" command
is not yet finished.  Bzr is so slow that it reports conflicts and
continues its work for another 10-20 seconds.  When I edit files
during this time and save them, vc-bzr.el reports an error, after that
only manually running "bzr resolve" helps to resolve this situation.

Maybe like compile.el displays the running process status in the mode line
with the `compilation-mode-line-run' face, comint-mode could use the same
face in the mode line to highlight the process status ":run" (if there are
no better ideas).