Re: Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:19:09 +0200

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Go to http://debbugs.gnu.org/, type 20 into field "Browse
>> > the N newest bugs:", then click `Find'.  It finds no bugs.
>> > That used to work.
>>
>> Works fine here with your recipe above.
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=20;package=emacs
>
> Thanks for checking.
>
> But that is not following my recipe.  I didn't used to need to enter the
> package
> (`emacs').  I just did what I wrote: went to http://debbugs.gnu.org/, typed 20
> into field "Browse the N newest bugs:", and clicked `Find'.

Trust me, I just did what you wrote.

I get this:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=20

The URL I gave was not related to the recipe I followed but
I thought you would enjoy it too.

> Also, when I use your URL or I enter 20 as before but I also enter "emacs" as
> the package, I do not get the 20 latest bugs.

What do you get with this one?

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=10;package=emacs

I definitely get the 10 last Emacs "reports" -- i.e. bugs or updates
to a bug.

> Instead, I get a list of all bugs in package `emacs'.  And that's the case
> even
> if I click the `Find' button next to "Browse the N newest bugs:" and not the
> `Find' button next to radio button `package' and `What to search for:' emacs.
>
> So it still seems broken to me.  But perhaps I am still missing
> something.

Perhaps something weird with Internet Explorer.  Joooooking :)

--
 Bastien