RE: question about "" and printing circular structure

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: question about "" and printing circular structure
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 14:46:01 -0700

I guess an argument could be made that we `print-circle' "" this way for
backward compatibility.

I guess I would rather we add a variable for that, `print-compatible' or some
such, and  except when explicitly trying to print so that Emacs releases before
23 can DTRT for `eq' "" objects, just print "".

But I can see the point, if that is the argument.

(I don't imagine there is any doc covering this...
I see nothing in Emacs 23 NEWS about the change wrt ""...)