Re: Reminder about feature freeze on Oct 1

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Reminder about feature freeze on Oct 1
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 11:35:27 +0200

Bastien writes:
> What is the difference between the org-version.el created with the
> recipe above and the org-version.el created with `make autoloads'
> (the one I included in my patch)?

Both the patch you sent to the list and the patch you uploaded to your
site doesn't seem to include a file org-version.el.

As to the difference: a bog-standard org-version.el would record a git
version that doesn't make any sense in Emacs bzr, so the invocation I
gave replaces that part with "GNU-Emacs".  That will also help in
figuring out which version people talk about in bug reports.  If you'd
like to keep the Git commit we could do the same as we do for the ELPA
archives and just strip "release_" and then add "-GNU-Emacs", but that
requires support from the Makefile.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff: