C-g from Isearch (was: Isearch: retrieve last successful search string f

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: C-g from Isearch (was: Isearch: retrieve last successful search string from when you quit (`C-g'))
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 17:42:34 +0200

>> Quite. Perhaps I'm just an idiot, but I always thought the current
>> isearch behaviour of not immediately quitting when C-g was stuck on a
>> failed search was a *bug*.
>
> That is something very different from what this thread is about (and not a
> bug,
> IMO).  The C-g behavior in Emacs incremental search is somewhat complex
> (depends
> on the search state), and fine as is (IMO).

IIUC, the behavior of C-g from Isearch is not that complex.  As
documented in (info "(emacs)Error in Isearch"), `C-g' from Isearch
does this:
* If the current search is successful, `C-g' cancels the Isearch.
* Else, `C-g' restores the last succesful search string.

And I, like Nix, don't like the second case.  I would like C-g to
_always_ cancel the Isearch.

So IMO this behavior should be configurable.

--
Dani Moncayo