RE: C-g from Isearch

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: C-g from Isearch
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 10:18:05 -0700

> > And I, like Nix, don't like the second case.  I would like
> > C-g to _always_ cancel the Isearch.  So IMO this behavior
> > should be configurable.
>
> I don't think the difference is terribly important, but a
> configuration option for that is acceptable.

Coming from someone who often resists adding yet another user option, this is a
bit surprising to me.  IMHO, this is a case where your more usual stance wrt new
options (YAGNI) would be appropriate.

It is trivial for a user to bind C-g to `isearch-cancel'.
(And that command already has another simple binding.)

I would, however, support documenting this in the manual, where we discuss the
out-of-the-box behavior of C-g.  Just mention that ESC ESC ESC (command
`isearch-cancel') always cancels isearch (and you can bind it to another key if
you want).