the amazing (and amazingly old) filladapt mode

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: the amazing (and amazingly old) filladapt mode
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 14:21:52 +0900

Adam Doppelt writes:

 > Does anyone else use filladapt mode for filling paragraphs?

Sure.  It's wonderful, and AFAICS will never be in Emacs because its
principal author is an assignment refusenik for philosophical reasons.

To get this (and a few other goodies not in Emacs) for Emacs, I would
say the best thing would be to contribute an ELPA interface to our
package system so that people can use it as an (unofficial third-
party) ELPA repository.  I'd be happy to do the XEmacs repo admin side
of things (since I'm one of a very few with the necessary access), but
don't have time to figure out XEmacs pkg -> ELPA conversions for a while.

OTOH, AFAIK address@hidden will still reach him, and you can ask.