filename with new compile.el

From: Reto Zimmermann
Subject: filename with new compile.el
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 20:05:30 +0200

Hi,

I would like to ask the author of the new compile.el how filenames are obtained when they are not part of the error message, but instead just printed out once at the beginning of a compile. In the old compile.el there was variable compilation-file-regexp-alist for this purpose. From the comments for variable compilation-error-regexp-alist it sounds like this type of filename parsing is still possible but I can't figure out how. There doesn't seem to be an example for this in the predefined regexp settings.

Any hint at how this can be done?  I need this to update vhdl-mode.el.

Thanks,
Reto