Re: CEDET merge

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: CEDET merge
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 13:30:48 +0200

Chong Yidong writes:
> David Engster <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> I left the grammars and parser generator in admin/grammars for now, but
>>> IMO the generator bovine-grammar.el and wisent-grammar.el should
>>> eventually be moved to their proper locations underneath lisp/. The main
>>> grammar generation is already in lisp/semantic/grammar.el and hence was
>>> in Emacs all the time; the two files above are just refinements for the
>>> two different grammar styles.
>>
>> Any chance we can do this for 24.3.? I think this is a frequently
>> requested feature.
>
> Which subdirectory should they go in?

wisent-grammar.el would be renamed to lisp/cedet/semantic/wisent/grammar.el

bovine-grammar.el to lisp/cedet/semantic/bovine/grammar.el

I guess the functions `wisent-make-parsers' and `bovine-make-parsers'
and the variables they need could be put in a new file which stays in
admin/grammars, since you've added them specifically for the parser
generation in Emacs trunk.

I guess all that's left then is to add proper provide statements and
autoload cookies to the two above files (for the derived major modes and
for the additions to auto-mode-alist).

-David