RE: [cedet-semantic] Latest CEDET on BZR does not compile with emacs 24.

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: RE: [cedet-semantic] Latest CEDET on BZR does not compile with emacs 24.1
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 21:47:44 +0200

Hello,

It seems that it works perfect. Here is what I got from the command line in another emacs frame:

----------------------------- begin -------------------------
CEDET BYTE COMPILATION STATUS:

Step 1: Byte compile EIEIO...done
Step 2: Creating autoloads ...
Step 2.1: EIEIO Autoloads...done.
Step 2.2: CEDET Autoloads...done.
Step 2.3: EDE Autoloads...done.
Step 2.4: Semantic Autoloads...done.
Step 2.5: SRecode Autoloads...done.
Step 2.6: COGRE Autoloads...done.
Step 2.7: Speedbar Autoloads...done.
Step 3: initialize CEDET from external repository ...done
Step 4: Turning on EDE and Semantic ...done.

Step 5: Build Targets in: ("lisp")

Build Emacs Lisp Targets:
-------------------------
Building directory lisp
Project: cedet-topdir
Project: speedbar
Target opt... 0 compiled, 6 up to date.
Project: eieio
Target eieio... 1 compiled, 5 up to date.
Target examples... 0 compiled, 4 up to date.
Project: cedet
Target common... 2 compiled, 16 up to date.
Target subproj-top... 2 compiled, 2 up to date.
Project: cedet/srecode
Target lang... 0 compiled, 1 up to date.
Target srecode... 1 compiled, 24 up to date.
Project: semantic
Target semantic... 1 compiled, 13 up to date.
Target utils... 0 compiled, 5 up to date.
Target Database... 0 compiled, 16 up to date.
Target tools... 0 compiled, 16 up to date.
Target subprojects-top... 0 compiled, 5 up to date.
Target Languages... 0 compiled, 3 up to date.
Target maintenance... 1 compiled, 0 up to date.
Target metagrammar... 1 compiled, 0 up to date.
Project: semantic/wisent
Target wy... 1 compiled, 4 up to date.
Target tools... 0 compiled, 1 up to date.
Target wisent... 0 compiled, 6 up to date.
Target languages... 1 compiled, 4 up to date.
Project: semantic/symref
Target symref... 0 compiled, 6 up to date.
Project: semantic/ectags
Target ectags... 0 compiled, 5 up to date.
Project: semantic/decorate
Target decorate... 0 compiled, 2 up to date.
Project: semantic/bovine
Target by... 5 compiled, 0 up to date.
Target bovinator... 0 compiled, 3 up to date.
Target languages... 0 compiled, 8 up to date.
Project: semantic/analyze
Target analyze... 0 compiled, 4 up to date.
Project: EDE
Target ede... 1 compiled, 15 up to date.
Target proj-project... 1 compiled, 12 up to date.
Target projects... 1 compiled, 5 up to date.
Target aux-lisp... 1 compiled, 1 up to date.
Project: cedet/cogre
Target wy... 0 compiled, 1 up to date.
Target dot... 0 compiled, 2 up to date.
Target Mode... 0 compiled, 1 up to date.
Target hacks... 0 compiled, 1 up to date.
Target cogre... 0 compiled, 7 up to date.

Done.

Then I did some make clean-all, and then I tried M-x cedet-build-in-this-emacs, and then I got this:

CEDET BYTE COMPILATION STATUS:

Step 1: Byte compile EIEIO...

and then it kind of got frozen. In the *Message* buffer there was:

progn: You should not recompile EIEIO after it has been loaded, which

Then I tried again from the command line --- but within some EMACS MSYS bash buffer, with putting -batch in the command line and I got: