Re: Defining HAVE_MOUSE on Cygwin

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Defining HAVE_MOUSE on Cygwin
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 15:38:24 -0400

>> > But if that works, my fears notwithstanding, why confine this to
>> > Cygwin?  If we believe that emacs-nox will always run on a
>> > mouse-capable terminal, let's turn on HAVE_MOUSE in all Posix builds.
>> Actually, I can't see why we have HAVE_MOUSE at all nowadays.
> Perhaps someone should try compiling a -nox configuration with
> HAVE_MOUSE defined and without GPM, and see if it works well on a text
> terminal on Unix or GNU/Linux (a _real_ text terminal, not xterm).

I'm not claiming it works.  I'm claiming that there's no good reason why
it shouldn't work, so if it doesn't work it's a bug.  We should remove
HAVE_MOUSE and fix any breakage that might ensue (but since Emacs works
fine under xterm with xterm-mouse-mode disabled, I don't expect too
much breakage at least under GNU/Linux).

        Stefan