Re: access to parser stack in SMIE

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: access to parser stack in SMIE
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 22:26:11 -0400

> So you typically only have to go back one statement, not all the way to
> the top. I can construct a worse case scenario that requires scanning to
> the top, but it's pretty pathological code.

Great.  That was also my experience with other languages so far, but I'm
glad it worked for you too.

> I've kept the cache; it's simple, and it should speed things up quite a
> bit.  I'll try to measure how much when I'm all done.

I'd be interested to see your results.

> I'll still play with semantic; there are front-end tools like code
> completion and function call template that rely on it. But it's less
> urgent.

Semantic support would be really neat, yes.
[ Hopefully, at some point SMIE and Semantic will get closer, to the
  point where a given language mode doesn't need to give 2 different
  specifications of the language.  ]

        Stefan