Re: Deleting overlays from killed buffer

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Deleting overlays from killed buffer
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 09:52:55 -0400

>> Should be fixed now, thanks
> As for the O(N^2) loop in delete_all_overlays,
> what do you think about the fix attached?

I don't much like adding a field just for that (although it doesn't use
up much space), but admittedly, it is a simple solution.
This said, it definitely needs to wait until after the freeze.

Also, I'm still a lot more interested in moving the overlays away from
markers and into the intervals tree instead.  This would bring much more
significant algorithmic improvements, I think.

        Stefan