Re: CEDET package in Emacs bug tracker

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: CEDET package in Emacs bug tracker
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:30:52 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> David Engster wrote:
>
>> That's good to know and makes things easier. The only drawback is that
>> the debbugs package does not support usertags (it's possible, but not
>> implemented).
>
> Michael, any chance of adding usertags to the debbugs SOAP interface?

It shouldn't be a problem to implement the "get_usertag" SOAP function;
I'll do next days.

The more interesting point is the integration into the user interface of
debbugs-gnu. In order to exploit usertags as intended, we must associate
them to a pseudo-user, like "cedet" or "tramp". Will we maintain a list
of "allowed" user tags, meaning an "emacs" subpackage like "cedet" for
"emacs"? And will we also support real user tags, associated to a user's
email address?

A disadvantage might be, that user tags are not shown in the result of
the SOAP function "get_status". This makes it harder to show them in the
result list. If we show them, it shall be optional (requested by the
user), in order to keep the performance.

Btw, shouldn't we mirror this discussion to the <address@hidden>
mailing list?

Best regards, Michael.