Re: CEDET package in Emacs bug tracker

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: CEDET package in Emacs bug tracker
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:18:01 -0400

Michael Albinus wrote:

> The more interesting point is the integration into the user interface of
> debbugs-gnu. In order to exploit usertags as intended, we must associate
> them to a pseudo-user, like "cedet" or "tramp". Will we maintain a list
> of "allowed" user tags, meaning an "emacs" subpackage like "cedet" for
> "emacs"? And will we also support real user tags, associated to a user's
> email address?

It's up to you as the implementor of course. Maybe you could have a list
of "standard" users/tags to offer completion over, but allow arbitrary
input as well.

If you can support the equivalent of this query:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgindex.cgi?indexon=users

people will be able to browse the users and their tags.

> A disadvantage might be, that user tags are not shown in the result of
> the SOAP function "get_status". This makes it harder to show them in the
> result list. If we show them, it shall be optional (requested by the
> user), in order to keep the performance.

I was just thinking about an explicit query of usertags, I don't think
you need to show them in the default search list.

> Btw, shouldn't we mirror this discussion to the <address@hidden>
> mailing list?

It seems a bit late now...