Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r110582: Fix wording of error message in static

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r110582: Fix wording of error message in staticpro.
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:35:37 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> IMO, the second clause should be absent altogether, or say "please make
>> a bug report". As with puresize, this is not something users should be
>> changing.
>
> As long as we are bykeshedding, how about
>
>   NSTATICS should be enlarged.

I don't think I'm bikeshedding, I'm trying to discourage people from
thinking that these parts are intended to be user-serviceable.

This kind of thing

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-10/msg00253.html

  Now that I have set extra pure size to an obscene amount I
  will never see the warning anymore.

is bad (IMO).