Re: smie-next-sexp vs associative operators

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: smie-next-sexp vs associative operators
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:58:53 -0400

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> I've verified that the patch shown below allows me to make
> smie-backward-sexp behave the same for the Ada "select/or" and
> "if/elsif" statements.

I just encountered another case where I need smie-skip-associative t:

declare
   <declarations>
begin
   <statements>
exception
   <exception handlers>
end;

"exception" is optional. With smie-skip-associative nil,
(smie-backward-sexp "exception") stops with point after "begin". But
(smie-backward-sexp "end") stops with point before "declare".

That's not consistent, so it complicates my code, meaning more time
spent testing.

With smie-skip-associative t, (smie-backward-sexp "exception") stops
with point before "declare", simplifying the code.

--
-- Stephe