RE: GNU ELPA visibility

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: GNU ELPA visibility
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:34:40 -0700

>  > I vote for including more by default in `package-archives'.
>  >
>  > In particular, include ("melpa" .
>  > "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/";).  That might not be
>  > the blessed, "canonical" archive site, but it is certainly
>  > one of the most used and most useful.
>
> Maybe after they implement the feature "stable packages from tags"?

You'll have to take that up with Milkypostman.  I know nothing about it.

> It really is the most useful repository, though. And the only
> one still actively maintained, among alternative repos.

AFAIK, it also has the advantage of being automatically updated from its
upstream sources.  That's a great feature.

I imagine that automatic updating is configurable on MELPA (i.e., you can turn
it off (?)), but is that feature even available for GNU Elpa?