Re: GNU ELPA visibility

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA visibility
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 13:18:11 +0800

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

>> It would be good if every package would at least complement Version and
>> Summary with a longer description, a link to its homepage (or emacswiki
>> page if it has no homepage), and the date when it was updated the last
>> time.
>
> You may find that, for single-file packages, even if they provide an
> extended "Commentary" section, it will not show up in the
> "list-packages" interface. At least when distributed over MELPA or
> Marmalade.

Please provide an example of what you mean.  I just checked with the GNU
ELPA packages, and the commentaries show up fine with "?" in the
*Packages* buffer.  Maybe MELPA or Marmalade are not providing the
*-readme.txt files which are supposed to be there.

> I think it's fixed in Daniel Haxney's package.el fork, though.

If there is a bug, it should be fixed orthogonally to all the rest of
the refactoring he is trying to do.