Re: EMACS 24.2.50.1 crashing

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: EMACS 24.2.50.1 crashing
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 19:28:49 +0200

> From: Vincent Belaïche <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 05:20:53 +0100
>
> I am using a rather recent build from the trunk
>
> GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2012-10-09 on CHOUNEK
>
> and came on a funny crash --- attached PNG picture of the error message.
>
> When I open some Org mode file USING_CEDET_FROM_BZR using Dired-X, and
> opening in the same buffer the sub-directory where the file is, and
> typing RET while the pointer in on the file to visit it, then I have the
> crash.

Could you please describe exactly the steps, including all the
commands you type or invoke by the mouse?

Also, when Emacs pops that Abort dialog, can you please attach GDB to
it, as the dialog instructs, and produce a backtrace?

Please post all this information via "M-x report-emacs-bug", so that a
bug be filed on the Emacs bug tracker.

> There isn't any crash also if I start EMACS with -Q in the command line
> and follow the same procedure as the one causing the crash.

This makes the report via report-emacs-bug even more important,
because it will show which packages you have loaded.  If you can
bisect your .emacs to find the minimal set of customizations that
leads to the crash in the above recipe, that would be great.

Thanks.