Re: alpha support for colors

From: aaditya sood
Subject: Re: alpha support for colors
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 05:02:56 +0000 (UTC)

Chong Yidong <cyd <at> gnu.org> writes:

> aaditya sood <aaditya <at> sood.net.in> writes:
>
> > Does emacs support alpha blending on colors on faces? In particular
> > can I specify colors in ARGB format?
>
> No.

Ok, I guess my googling wasn't in vain.

Are people interested in this capability? I'm interested in working on this
feature, with (hopefully) some guidance from emacs developers.

If I wanted to start work on it:

1. Where should I begin?
2. Is it even do-able in terms of complexity, or will it touch the fabled and
    scary redisplay engine?

What do people think?

I've have some experience with C and elisp, but mostly an emacs user
till date. Perhaps my chance to contribute back.

regards
--
aaditya