Re: Proposal to improve the nomenclature of scrolling directions

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Proposal to improve the nomenclature of scrolling directions
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 09:12:25 +0100 (CET)

[Nix <address@hidden> (2012-11-05 14:56:29 UTC)]

> Of every
> application I have used, only Emacs calls the action carried out when
> you hit the page down key scrolling *up*. It still confuses me every
> time I need to deal with it, and I've been using Emacsen for twenty
> years now.

I don't use C-x < and C-x > very often, but when I do, I *always* get
the direction wrong. Surely, the same issue is at play here.

But I'll stop whining right now and just insert code in .emacs to swap
the two key bindings. I just couldn't resist this opportunity to
participate in some good bike shedding.

- Harald