RE: 24.3.50; Use of deprecated ((lambda ...) ...) form

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: 24.3.50; Use of deprecated ((lambda ...) ...) form
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 08:50:04 -0800

> > why is ((lambda...)...) deprecated?
> Why not?

Really?  We're now deprecating things without giving any reason?

And instead we need to provide reasons _not_ to deprecate everything?
Deprecation by default?

> > this is one of the oldest lisp constructs!
> Old doesn't make it good.

Does old make it bad?  Is everything bad now, by default?  No need to say why
something is bad, in order to deprecate it?

This policy or way of proceeding seems quite misguided, if not downright wrong.
But maybe I'm missing something.