Re: Interruptible wait_for_termination

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Interruptible wait_for_termination
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 05:48:46 +0200

> Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:31:48 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> On 11/10/2012 10:43 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > It seems that the only way to interrupt that blocking call is
> > to deliver a signal to Emacs, either SIGINT or some other signal that
> > would interrupt waitpid.
>
> Doesn't SIGIO do the trick?

Maybe it does, but when I considered this possibility, it sounded
incredible to me that every keystroke would normally interrupt a call
to waitpid.  Aren't there gobs of programs out there who call waitpid
without setting up a loop that checks for EINTR?

But if you say this is the case, then OK.  Thanks for the explanation.