Re: NEWS entry for ses.el changes

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: NEWS entry for ses.el changes
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 21:29:21 +0100

Hello,

Until my latest change on the trunk, the evolution was quite experimental and unstable. Even now I still need to make some update (refreshing the mode line after renaming) for it to be completely finalized.

I think that before I make this public on emacs-24 I need to make this last change + manual on trunk and then port the change to emacs-24. Would that be ok and along agreed practices if I proceed this way.

VBR,
 Vincent.

Glenn Morris a écrit :
Hi,

I don't use ses.el, but it looks to me like this change:

2012-04-17  Vincent Belangerche  <address@hidden>

   * ses.el: The overall change is to add cell renaming, that
   is setting fancy names for cell symbols other than name[...]

should have an etc/NEWS entry. Please could you add one in the emacs-24
branch? Thanks. Maybe the 2012-11-09 trunk changes need one too, I don't
know. Ideally, the ses manual would be updated too...