Re: Interruptible wait_for_termination

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Interruptible wait_for_termination
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 06:13:06 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> What I don't understand here is how can this be "interruptible" when
> the process specified by PID did not yet exit, and the call to waitpid
> blocks.

Coincidentally, I've been looking at the same code lately, and not
getting the point, either.

I run mplayer under Emacs to watch tv (as one does).  Sometimes mplayer
jams, and I hit `C-g' to kill it.  Emacs helpfully says "hit C-g again
to kill it immediately", and then the second `C-g' does absolutely
nothing useful.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the second `C-g' do a "kill -9"
instead of what it's doing now?