Re: NEWS entry for ses.el changes

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: NEWS entry for ses.el changes
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 07:12:23 +0100

[...]

> > To the extent that the code on emacs-24 is feature-frozen, the remaining
> > change had better be a clear bug-fix.
> >

> > Stefan
> >

> Is it a bug that the mode line is not refreshed, or is it a missing
> feature ?
>
> Vincent.

I understand that in `*clear* bug-fix', `clear' means that you consider
it a missing feature not a bug-fix, and therefore that addition of
mode-line refresh after cell renaming should not go to
emacs-24. Correct? FYI the mode line becomes correct after you go away
from this cell and then come back again to it, so the cell indication is
false only immediately after the renaming.

But the other changes which I did on trunk only are really bug fixes,
ses-rename-cell on emacs-24 is quite a bit defunct. On the other hand,
since it is not documented neither in the manual nor in NEWS, should I
really do something ? In the latter case, I had rather port all the
changes once the feature is completely stable.

   Vincent.